Boron nitride is a crystal made up of nitrogen atoms and boron atoms. The crystal structure is divided right into hexagonal boron nitride (HBN), closely packed hexagonal boron nitride (WBN) as well as cubic boron nitride.
The crystal structure of hexagonal boron nitride has a similar graphite split structure, showing a loose, lubricating, moisture-absorbing, light and also other residential or commercial properties of white powder, so it is also called "white graphite". Theoretical density 2.27 g/cm3, certain gravity: 2.43, Mohr firmness = 2.
Hexagonal boron nitride has excellent electric insulation, thermal conductivity, chemical stability, no evident melting point, 3000 ℃ in 0.1 MPA nitrogen, heat resistance to 2000 ℃ in neutral reduction environment, 2800 ℃ in nitrogen as well as argon, inadequate stability in oxygen ambience, and temperature below 1000 ℃. The expansion coefficient of hexagonal boron nitride is equivalent to that of quartz, yet its thermal conductivity is ten times that of quartz.
Hexagonal boron nitride does not liquify cold water. When the water is boiled, it hydrolyses extremely gradually and also creates a small amount of boric acid and ammonia, which does not respond with weak acid and strong base at area temperature. It is somewhat soluble in hot acid as well as can only be broken down with liquified salt hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.
Boron Nitride Characteristics
1. High warm resistance: sublimation at 3000 ℃, its stamina at 1800 ℃ is twice that at space temperature level, air-cooled at 1500 ℃ to area temperature for loads of times, as well as does not soften at 2800 ℃ in inert gas.
2. High thermal conductivity: the hot-pressed items are the same as pure iron, and also 33W/M. K has the greatest thermal conductivity amongst ceramic materials above 530C.
3, reduced thermal expansion coefficient: the expansion coefficient of 2 × & times; 10-6 is 2nd just to quartz glass, which is the smallest in porcelains, paired with its high thermal conductivity, so the thermal shock resistance is very good.
4. Outstanding electrical residential or commercial properties: excellent insulation at high temperature, 1014 Ω& Omega;- centimeters,2000 at 25 ℃ and 103 Ω& Omega;- cm at 25 ℃. It is the very best high temperature insulating product in porcelains, with breakdown voltage 3KV/MV, reduced dielectric loss 108HZ 2.5 × & times; 10-4, dielectric continuous 4, clear to microwave as well as infrared.
5. Great corrosion resistance: it does not respond with basic steels (iron, copper, aluminum, lead, etc), uncommon earth metals, rare-earth elements, semiconductor products (germanium, silicon, potassium arsenide), glass, molten salts (crystal, fluoride, slag), inorganic acid and also alkali.
6. Low friction coefficient: U is 0.16, does not increase at heat, is a lot more resistant to high temperature than molybdenum disulfide as well as graphite, oxidation ambience can be used up to 900C, vacuum can be made use of at 2000 ℃.
7. High pureness excellent B is high: its impurity material is less than 10PPM, however B material is more than 43.6%.
8. Machinability: its solidity is Morse 2, so it can be refined right into get rid of high precision by basic machining methods.
What is hexagonal boron nitride utilized in?
Hexagonal boron nitride can be made use of in the manufacture of TiB2/BN composite porcelains, progressed refractories and superhard products, separation rings of straight continuous rolling steel, heat immune lubricants as well as high temperature finishings, as well as basic materials for the synthesis of cubic boron nitride.
1. Boron nitride is a mold and mildew release representative for steel developing and also a lube for steel wire drawing.
2. Special electrolysis and also resistance products of boron nitride at heat.
3. Boron nitride is suitable for heat strong lubricants, extrusion antiwear additives, ceramic composite ingredients, refractories as well as antioxidant ingredients, specifically for molten metal Faustian events, warm enhancement additives and heat immune insulation products.
4. Boron nitride appropriates for heat-sealed desiccant of transistor as well as additive of polymer such as plastic material.
5. Boron nitride products pressed right into numerous shapes can be used as high temperature, high stress, insulation and warmth dissipation components.
6. Boron nitride is a thermal shielding product in aerospace.
7. With the involvement of driver, cubic boron nitride can be transformed into cubic boron nitride as hard as diamond by high temperature and high pressure treatment.
8. Boron nitride is the structural material of atomic reactor.
9. Boron nitride is suitable for the nozzles of aircraft and also rocket engines.
10. Boron nitride is an insulator of high voltage, high regularity electrical power as well as plasma arc.
11. Boron nitride is a packaging product to stop neutron radiation.
12. The superhard material made from boron nitride can be made into high-speed cutting devices and also drills for geological expedition and oil exploration.
13. Boron nitride is utilized in metallurgy for separation ring of continual spreading steel, flow groove of amorphous iron, demoulding agent of continual casting light weight aluminum (numerous optical glass stripping agents).
14. Boron nitride is an evaporator for all type of capacitor movie plating, photo tube plating, present plating.
15. Boron nitride is suitable for all type of fresh-keeping aluminized bags and so on.
16. Boron nitride is a selection of laser anti-counterfeiting light weight aluminum plating, trademark gilding products, all sort of cigarette tags, beer tags, packaging boxes, cigarette boxes.
17. Boron nitride appropriates for cosmetics. Can be utilized for lipstick fillers, non-toxic as well as lubricating, however additionally glossy.
Boron Nitride Price
The price is influenced by numerous variables including the supply as well as demand in the market, market fads, economic activity, market view, and unexpected events.
If you are trying to find the latest Boron Nitride powder cost, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boron Nitride Supplier
Innovation Co. Ltd. is a relied on BN supplier and also BN supplier with over 12-year-experience. We deliver our items all over the world.
If you are looking for high-grade Boron Nitride powder, please do not hesitate to call us and also send a query. (email@example.com)