What is Magnesium Nitride
What is Magnesium-Nitride?
Magnesium nitride is an inorganic compound that has the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part the cubic crystal system. At ambient temperature, magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green however, magnesium nitride that contains the magnesium oxide impurities is greyish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium Nitride is 100.95g/mol. In terms of density, it is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium nitride dissolves completely in water and acid but is dissolvable in the ether and ethanol.
The melting point for magnesium nitride is 1500 °. Magnesium, like other metal nitrides, reacts water and produces ammonia. It is commonly used as a catalyst. React with acid and aqueous nonmetallic oxides that result in ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium nitride has high corrosion resistance, and significantly improves productivity. Magnesium has high thermal conductivity as well being resistant to corrosion and resistance to temperature. Magnesium nitride also has a great importance as it's utilized as a catalyst for the synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium nitride Used for?
1. Used as a catalyst when make the nitride out of other elements with high hardness as well as high thermal conductivity. corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and higher temperature resistance. In the first successful formula for cubic boron, The catalyst used was magnesium Nitride.
2. A high-strength steel alloys for smelting. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) replaces desulphurized magnesium in construction Smelting, which can help for increasing the density, strength that, tension and bearing capacity of steel. Additionally, the use of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurization, can lower the amount of other components, thereby helping reduce the costs of production for construction steel;
3. The use of ceramic is to prepare specific materials;
4. To manufacture a special alloy foaming agent;
5. In the manufacture of special glass
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. For the recycling of radioactive waste
How do I Make Magnesium Nitride?
Presently, the primary methods for making magnesium nitride are direct reactions method for magnesium powder using nitrogen, method of reaction of magnesium and nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow the method of magnesium coil explosion in nitrogen atmosphere Chemical gas at low pressure complementary product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis method, nano magnesium nitride method of synthesis and many more.
Recently, G. Soto et al. constructed amorphous magnesium nutride films with different Mg:N ratios on Si substrates in a molecular nitrous environment through Deposition using pulses of laser. These techniques restrict their industrial production due to their high costs, the lengthy process, complex equipment operation, or low yield of magnesium oxide.
Although the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen has significant industrial potential, the making from magnesium nitride needs higher temperature for the reaction and a long reaction time. Also, the shape of the powder is insufficient and easy for agglomeration, that's why they don't meet the requirements of industrial quality. N3 can be broken into N- which is a broken bond more easily than N2, and H2 decomposed may stop the formation of MgO. This is why ammonia can be used as nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. employed liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source for the preparation of magnesium nitride powder by direct nutriding of magnesium. The following conclusions can be drawn: Through thermodynamic analyses, liquid ammonia could react with magnesium powder far more easily than nitrogen to make magnesium nitride. The best quality magnesium nitride that is good purity and uniform particles is prepared by heating to 600 and ammonia atmosphere for 1 hour. It is then heated up to 800, ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min with an nitriding duration of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Disperser
We are a reputable chemical material manufacturer and manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in offering high-end chemicals and nanomaterials like silicon powder graphite , zinc sulfide, calcium nitride 3D printing powder and many more.
If you're searching for high-quality Mg3N2 powder Please feel free to connect with us and send us an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)